Getting US Trademarks Made Easy
What's the first thought that comes into your mind whenever you heard about applying for US trademarks? Is it difficult, not easy, hard and little bit impossible? If these are the thoughts that are playing on your mind right this very moment, then veer away from it. Indeed, getting US trademark is a lot easier than you have thought it is. There is a process that will help you get US branding easily. And you can do that by applying online. And to make it even easier for you, check out the procedures below on how to do it online.
Procedures on how to get US trademarks the easy way
You need to go online and look for Trademark Electronic Application System. The website address that you need to visit is uspto.gov/teas/. USPTO is U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. This first step will allow you to easily input your information when you do your application online. Then you have to go to the TEAS page of the website.
• Once you are there, click first the button at the top of the screen to see if the site has a planned maintenance for that day. You would not want to waste your time filling out information and once you get to the bottom of the page the site will turn off for maintenance. To check out for any maintenance you can also the site's helpdesk.
• Third is to check out if your trademark is not a duplicate of any existing trademark yet. The TEAS database will allow you to do this. Make sure that you enter your information accurately including signs and symbols to check out if there is an existing trademark like that of yours. If the database found an existing one you can easily find the instructions to confirm it.
• Once you decided that it is the trademark that you really want, you can proceed to the next step. That is to specify what you will do under this trademark. Be specific enough to avoid any problems in the future.
• There are two different formats in trademarks. Those are the standard and stylized. Choose which one will suit you best.
• After you are done with that, click on the link to the TEAS site to answer the questions about your trademarks. These questions are answerable by either a yes or no.
• As soon as you re finished answering them, the site will ask you to electronically sign your trademark application.
• Once you have validated your form, it is strongly suggested to print out a copy for record purposes. A serial number will also be given to you so make sure to keep it as a proof that the trademark that you have applied for is yours.
• Take note that upon application, there is a trademark application fee.
Considering these steps, certainly you will agree that filing your application for trademarks is easy. You still have the option though to do snail mail if you feel more comfortable with it; however, the USPTO strongly prefers online application.
Other Trademarks and Life Articles
Why Push For Inherently Distinctive Trademarks
Why Get Trademark Protection for Online Business?
Test For Distinctiveness: How You Will Know If Trademarks Are Distinctive
How Disputes On Domain Names And Trademarks Happen
Practical Tips For Registering Your Company's Trademark
Trademark – Tips For Registering Trademark In The United States
All About The Trademark Symbol
Maximizing Trademarks: Ways To Safeguard Your Online Brands
Common Questions About Trademarks Answered
How To Protect Your Trademark
5 Tested Suggestions On How You Can Prevent Conflicts Over Online Trademarks
Legal Options When It Comes To Conflicts On Trademarks And Domains
How You Can Validate Which Trademarks Are Successful Than Others
How To Choose The Best Trademarks For Business Use
What You Must Know About Trademark Protection
Do You Need A Trademark Attorney?
Trademark Infringement: What You Should Know
A Discussion Of The Requirements For Trademark Application
The Benefits Of Having Your Trademark Registered
Getting US Trademarks Made Easy
Understanding What Trademark Is
Avoid The Hassle, Do Trademark Search For Free
How To Choose A Trademark Attorney
The Relevance Of A Trademark
Why You Must Go Through The Process Of Trademark Name Search