Is There a Way to Prevent Identity Theft?
Pretty woman walking down the street, pretty woman… then, a man suddenly seize her handy bag. The woman shouted and begs for help, but the man runs as fast as a horse until the woman does not even have a view with the man’s shadow….
Would you like this thing to happen? Of course, everybody wants to preserve their property and their money because these are taken from the fruits of their hard work. Stealing one’s property is a violation according to the law, much more with stealing with your personal identity already.
Sometimes, it is more acceptable although it is also a crime when somebody stolen your property. The worse thing happens when it is already your privacy or the personal information that you have being taken away from you by the thieves.
Identity theft is a threat against your persona. It reveals everything about you to another person, who is a thief. Thus, knowing all the information about yourself will allow him to make transaction with other people using your identity. You will not only loose the money in your wallet and your bag but the entire property that you have in general.
However, do not worry too much about identity theft because there are several ways for you to keep away yourself from being one of the victims of identity theft. If only you will strictly follow these ways, you will be guaranteed with the security of your identity. Check this out!
1. Always keep your things in proper places and securely. – This is the basic thing that you should do. Never allow anybody to fix your wallet where your identification cards, bank accounts and other personal information are placed. Avoid trusting so mjuch even to the closest person to you. Study shows that almost 26 percent of the cases in identity theft, the victims knew who the perpetrators are.
2. Shred or burn all the receipts, personal applications, bank statement and any other kind of forms before you discard them. This will help you to protect your financial data and status.
3. Never give personal information instantly over the phone. Make sure that the person calling reveals to you his real purpose for calling. But it is not still an assurance, it is better if you will see them personally before you give out information about yourself to know the real purpose.
4. Bring the ID that you needed most for a particular transaction. Leave it to your house, if you do not need it at all. This is also one way of protecting yourself from identity theft.
5. Usually, when you make a bank transaction such as depositing or withdrawing, you are to fill up a form. It is better if you only write the last four4 digit of your bank account number. The teller already know the proper thing that they are suppose to do.
6. Surf in the net and know the latest information about online identity theft. You also have a big concern about this since you are making transactions through computers sometimes. Web spoofing is also stealing tone’s identity of the website identity. You don’t know if somebody already knows your financial account number by imitating the website where your e-mail account is located.
7. Take some precautions when it comes to your credit and debit cards. Always keep your credit cards in a secured place. When using it in paying the amount of stuffs that you shop, make sure that you give it properly and get it immediately to the cashier because you can be distracted by the person next to you in line.
8. Secure your ATM cards as well. When you withdraw with your ATM account, secure the card properly. Prevent yourself from being a victim of skimming. This is the process where the machine can be able to get the details of your transaction.
Sad to say but everyday there are about thousands of people who became the victim of identity theft. Sometimes, other people do not have any idea about this knid of crime. It is high time that you should get yourself aware about this before it will be too late.
Other Identity Theft and Your Life Articles
Secure Your Life with Identity Theft Reporting
What identity theft resource centers can teach you
Preserve your Wealth and Identity - Act against Identity Theft Scam
Steps to Avoid Identity Theft with your Stolen Checks
Some identity theft protection and information you cannot do without
Being an identity theft victim is not easy
Identity Theft in the World of Internet
Recovering From Identity Theft
Postmortem Identity Theft
Is There a Way to Prevent Identity Theft?
Medical Identity Theft
Identity Theft Video: Great Way To Catch An Identity Theft
Checks And Identity Theft
Drivers Licence Identity Theft
Protecting Your Identity over Thieves
Combating Online Identity Theft
Identity Theft With Social Security Numbers
General Identity Theft Statistics Revealed
Protect your Credit with Identity Theft Shield
Working together: identity theft laws and the people
Learn How to Prevent Identity Theft
Identity Theft And The Computer
Fifteen Easy Solutions to Avoid Being a Victim of Identity Theft
Simple Tips To Prevent Identity Theft
© 2011 Copyrighted by OkiDoki - All Rights Worldwide Reserved!
Disclosure: Advertisements are placed on this website to offset the cost of maintenance and to keep this site free for everyone to use. Owners of this website will receive compensation for products and services purchased through featured advertisements.
All claims of actual user results should be considered as a-typical.
Site and articles redirected and transformed by Hans Peter M. Mul