Live Green And Save Money
We all want to live green and save money at the same time, and we can too. Kermit the Frog was wrong when he said, "It ain't easy being green." It's really easy, and highly effective too, if you know how. This article will provide you with 5 essential steps you can start taking today to live green and save money.
1. Turn your heater thermostats down one or two degrees in winter, and turn your air conditioning thermostats up one or two degrees in summer. If we all did this, the combined difference would be phenomenal. We'd still feel warm in winter and cool in summer, so learn how to live green and save money with your heating and cooling appliances.
2. The other appliance that needs your attention is your washing machine. Start washing your clothes in cold water. Modern powders work just as efficiently in cold water as hot. Most of the energy that goes into a clothes wash is in heating up the water, so you will save on electricity, live green and save money too.
3. When your clothes are nice and clean, don't throw them into the dryer. Unless it's pouring rain, hang them out to air dry. It's what your grandmother did, and she managed just fine. She may have liked having a dryer, but they weren't around back then, so she just had to live green and save money. You can too!
4. Compact fluorescent light bulbs are a dream come true for anyone who wants to live green and save money. They burn just 25% of the electricity that a standard light bulb burns, and they can last up to 10 times longer. Change your old bulbs today!
5. Try to consume a little less of everything, from electricity, to gas in the car, to the food you eat. Take time to write out a shopping list, and stick to it. If you feel the impulse to buy something you don't really need, get into the habit of waiting 24 hours, then review it. The chances are you either won't want it any more, or you will have forgotten about it.
It's easy to live green and save money. You just have to give it some thought. Get into a routine that works and before you know it, you will find yourself in the situation where you live green and save money every day.
Other Green Living and Your Life Articles
Saving Energy-Help Save the Environment
Ideas For Green Christmas Gifts
Live Green And Save Money
Saving Energy – Heating Your Home In A Lukewarm Economy
How To Go Green At Work And Save Too - 5 Tips
Planning a Green Christmas
Go Green In Your Home - And Save Too
Solar Energy-New Discoveries
Solar Energy- This Commodity Is Not for Sale
Saving Energy For Home-Based Folks
Saving Energy With Proper House Insulation
Solar Energy- Why Is It Not Yet Widely Used
Drive Smart, Save Green - 5 Great Tips
Solar Energy-The Future of Generating Energy For The Home
Solar Energy-The Advantages And Disadvantages
Devastating Effects Of Deforestation
Saving Energy for Kids- Teaching Your Kids To Be Energy Efficient
Pros and Cons Of Residential Solar Energy System
Driving To Save Gas - 5 Great Tips!
Go Green And Save Money
Deforestation Statistics Over Time
Facts About Solar Energy And Solar Power Plants
Examples Of How Going Green Saves You Money
Solutions To Deforestation - Are There Really Any?