How To Go Green At Work And Save Too, 5 Tips
Every business, small or large, should be thinking of how to go green at work in order to save money and the environment at the same time. Workers can be wasteful at work. Sometimes it's because they are not paying for their carelessness, or maybe because their boss doesn't care either. Knowing how to go green at work, at least a little bit, is invaluable. We should all be doing it and we can easily do it too. Here are 5 simple tip to help...
1. The office printer is one appliance in the work place where you can start learning how to go green at work. Paper comes from trees. Trees absorb carbon dioxide, preventing it from accumulating in the atmosphere and adding to the global greenhouse effect. You can cut paper usage in half at a single stroke by simply printing on both sides of every sheet of paper. That's one example of how to go green at work and save money too!
2. Business travel costs a huge fortune every year. This is not how to go green at work. No one travels by bicycle, or walks to meetings. No, they travel in huge gas-guzzling jets, or along highways in comfortable cars. Business travel puts a considerable strain on the planet. The answer? Use video conferencing as much as possible. With a good high speed Internet connection and a decent web cam, you can speak to anyone anywhere in the world. There's a good choice of conferencing software available, and all at a mere fraction of jet travel.
3. Work from home. That answers the question of how to go green at work by cutting down on office expenses. You heat your home anyway, and as long as you have the necessary communications needed to do your job, then why not work from home! Of course, if you're a truck driver, or a circus clown, it may be more difficult.
4. Invoice by email. This is one of the simplest ways of how to go green at work. As in tip number one, you save on paper, and a lot of paper too. Let your customers have the option to pay online of possible. The more you can do electronically that has traditionally been done with paper, the more the planet will benefit, and you'll save money too.
5. Use laptops rather than stand alone computers and monitors. A laptop will consume around 50 watts of energy while in use compared to a computer and monitor, which consumes around 270 watts of energy. Also, have all laptops set so that they go to sleep if not used for more than 15 minutes. Screensavers do not save money. Quite the opposite; they use more! How to go green at work and save a lot of money? Switch off all computers and laptops when not in use. If all businesses did this they would save enough to power the city of Chicago for one year!
Other Green Living and Your Life Articles
Saving Energy-Help Save the Environment
Ideas For Green Christmas Gifts
Live Green And Save Money
Saving Energy – Heating Your Home In A Lukewarm Economy
How To Go Green At Work And Save Too - 5 Tips
Planning a Green Christmas
Go Green In Your Home - And Save Too
Solar Energy-New Discoveries
Solar Energy- This Commodity Is Not for Sale
Saving Energy For Home-Based Folks
Saving Energy With Proper House Insulation
Solar Energy- Why Is It Not Yet Widely Used
Drive Smart, Save Green - 5 Great Tips
Solar Energy-The Future of Generating Energy For The Home
Solar Energy-The Advantages And Disadvantages
Devastating Effects Of Deforestation
Saving Energy for Kids- Teaching Your Kids To Be Energy Efficient
Pros and Cons Of Residential Solar Energy System
Driving To Save Gas - 5 Great Tips!
Go Green And Save Money
Deforestation Statistics Over Time
Facts About Solar Energy And Solar Power Plants
Examples Of How Going Green Saves You Money
Solutions To Deforestation - Are There Really Any?