Drive smart, save green
Drive smart, save green. It's a great phrase, and if more people took up the challenge, the whole country - no, the whole world - would benefit immensely. How can you make a difference to the environment with your driving? This article provides you with 7 great tips that you can put into action right away. You'll save money and help the environment too. OK, time to drive smart, save green...
1. It has to be said: the very best thing you can do to help the environment with your car is stop driving it! However, you may not have that option, so drive slower instead. Most cars perform best at speeds of between 50 mph to 60 mph. Not too slow and not too fast is how to drive smart, save green.
2. A staggering 20% of your car's fuel consumption is used up just overcoming tire roll resistance! How can you drive smart, save green in these circumstances? Buy quality tires that get great reviews. They may cost a little more, but they will perform better. And remember too that under inflated tires will cost you more in gas bills!
3. Lighten the load in your car. I'll bet there are things in your car's trunk that don't need to be there. Go through each item you regularly carry. If you don't really need it, dump it. You can drive smart, save green with a lighter load. That will let your car be more fuel efficient.
4. Switch off your engine while you wait if you are likely to be waiting more than one minute. Restarting your engine burns roughly about the same amount as one minute of idle time, so if you think you will be idling for more than a minute, cut the engine. You'll save gas and money - drive smart, save green.
5. Drive smoothly. This one shouldn't need to be mentioned. It should be the unspoken part of drive smart, drive green. Erratic driving with sudden accelerating and hard braking uses up extra gas. It puts extra wear and tear on your car, which means extra costs to you and the environment.
Learning to drive smart, save green is largely common sense. If you really need your car, then learn to drive it responsibly and sensibly. However, if you can walk easily to where you need to go, then do so! Only drive smart, save green when you can't walk.
Other Green Living and Your Life Articles
Saving Energy-Help Save the Environment
Ideas For Green Christmas Gifts
Live Green And Save Money
Saving Energy – Heating Your Home In A Lukewarm Economy
How To Go Green At Work And Save Too - 5 Tips
Planning a Green Christmas
Go Green In Your Home - And Save Too
Solar Energy-New Discoveries
Solar Energy- This Commodity Is Not for Sale
Saving Energy For Home-Based Folks
Saving Energy With Proper House Insulation
Solar Energy- Why Is It Not Yet Widely Used
Drive Smart, Save Green - 5 Great Tips
Solar Energy-The Future of Generating Energy For The Home
Solar Energy-The Advantages And Disadvantages
Devastating Effects Of Deforestation
Saving Energy for Kids- Teaching Your Kids To Be Energy Efficient
Pros and Cons Of Residential Solar Energy System
Driving To Save Gas - 5 Great Tips!
Go Green And Save Money
Deforestation Statistics Over Time
Facts About Solar Energy And Solar Power Plants
Examples Of How Going Green Saves You Money
Solutions To Deforestation - Are There Really Any?